Welcome to Models Forum. Click here to register

Big drop in members viewing forums

Forum Access • Support • Help

Big drop in members viewing forums

Postby desert punk v3 » 25 Nov 2016, 16:12

Seriously I noticed that because my download links are barely getting 1 download,the only reason I see this happening is because either members leaving or something else.
Anyone else have this problem.
vlad collection an other stuff here http://pastebin.com/u/garuda101

desert punk v3

Advertisement

Re: Big drop in members viewing forums

Postby buzzer2 » 25 Nov 2016, 17:02

Registration gets turned off occasionally (it is right now) and it could very well be related to the fact that members with less than 20 posts have quite restricted access: post168364.html#p168364

However, I haven't seen a significant drop in downloads myself. :unsure

buzzer2

Postby desert punk v3 » 25 Nov 2016, 17:15

my main concern is that my download links expire with 7 days if it gets no downloads,so i will have to constantly re-up them until I just get fed up.

desert punk v3

Postby sindee1985 » 25 Nov 2016, 17:36

Part of it could also be that a lot of the collections and galleries are posted in a way you can only download the pictures one at a time. Some of the sites that are used have so many pop ups you get tired of trying.

This user has no avatar!
sindee1985

Contributor

Postby JimiCobain27 » 25 Nov 2016, 17:47

I figured the drop in visitor/member activity was partly due to the "retirement" of many of the most popular models from AMS, wasn't that section of the forum a huge traffic area that has just gone way downhill? :unsure

Another problem I personally had was with the hosting site Turbobit, they charged me for 3 months that I didn't authorize, and I was never able to work it out with them, so what was once my main filehost for getting anything on this forum ended up sort of going on my "blacklist". :noo

I love that a lot of you regulars and admins and mods here continue to do re-ups and post some new content and try to keep things fresh, it really is appreciated, and I'm sure this place will be thriving again one day soon, it's just been a bit of a slow patch I suppose. :)

JimiCobain27

Poster - Level 3

Postby desert punk v3 » 25 Nov 2016, 17:51

nice keep the comments coming so we can improve members satisfaction.

desert punk v3

Postby buzzer2 » 25 Nov 2016, 18:17

sindee1985 wrote:Part of it could also be that a lot of the collections and galleries are posted in a way you can only download the pictures one at a time. Some of the sites that are used have so many pop ups you get tired of trying.

Uh, no. Posting image galleries is a very common way of posting stuff; every forum is full of them. :)

What you need to make your life easier is to download & use any one of the more popular image gallery ripping tools to grab all images in one go:
ImageHostGrabber: see their support forum at hot-honeys.net (scroll to the bottom),
BulkImageDownloader: bulkimagedownloader.com (support appears to be terrible for this one),
jDownloader: jdownloader.org

buzzer2

Postby YvannBoon » 25 Nov 2016, 18:44

I thought about that too. Why exactly is there such a restriction in registration if new members? I understand that it might be some sort of quality control or spam impediment move, but it still might be worth loosening the process a bit. The more viewers, the more revenue will be generated here if monetisation happens the way I understand it to. It could be done in a way that the site requires a review of every post of new members by mods up until a certain and short arbitrary number so that it proves they're not spammers or posting "cancerous content". Or hell, maybe even set up an obligatory literal digital test regarding the rules of this site! If they fail, they're halted from posting for some time. I'm making suggestions assuming we're in a crisis here lol.

The only problem regarding downloads I see here is the giant list of dead links. Perhaps a mod could be charged with acting almost like a "bot", downloading soon-to-expire links then immediately deleting them, just to ensure they won't go away. Or a separate thread alerting that certain links will expire soon, requiring the uploader to inform a system of how many days the file will be available and every downloader to check a box that resets the counter.

I'm commenting with too much naiveté about how all this works, but maybe this dump will be useful somehow.

YvannBoon

Poster - Level 2

Postby uhh2000 » 25 Nov 2016, 19:10

I have been a regular visitor for the last 6 months, that includes my time as a poster and non-poster. I have a habit of checking number of users online on forums I visit. I haven't noticed a drop in visits on MF, as it is between 250 and 350 in any given moment ever since I started to come here on a regular basis. :unsure

P.S. Does anyone know why Frisky1 stopped visiting? He hasn't been to the forum in almost 2 months.

uhh2000

Poster - Level 3

Postby Slimjimjohn » 26 Nov 2016, 01:50

desert punk v3 wrote:Seriously I noticed that because my download links are barely getting 1 download,the only reason I see this happening is because either members leaving or something else.
Anyone else have this problem.

You post some amazing stuff. But 5 hours or more to download a complete collection is just too much time, and TB has been known to "time out" all by itself causing you to start all over again.

A faster host with smaller chunks would be great.

This user has no avatar!
Slimjimjohn

Contributor

Next

Return to Help • Tutorials