Newest Version of FireFox - Imagehost Grabber Will Not Work

Forum Access • Support • Help

Re: Newest Version of FireFox - Imagehost Grabber Will Not W

Postby Tincutter4 » 25 Mar 2016, 05:52

buzzer2 wrote:Yep, I went the easy route and simply installed Palemoon just to use with imagehost-grabber, lol. So when I want to rip a gallery from a page, pop open Palemoon, grab the goodies & shut it down. :)

Ok, so I'm wondering if there will be a problem. I use a different browser for surfing and getting to this site. And some threads are only available if you are logged in, have posts, etc. Take for instance my favorite models Candy and Marisol. (trying to not give out too much info) So if I understand correctly, I would need to be logged onto this site with my current browser, find what I want and then log on with Pale Moon to get to the post to use IHG? Will the site have a problem with me being logged on with two different browsers?

I did just try it with one of the other threads without being logged into this site on Palemoon but of course I won't be able to get to some of the threads I want without being logged in. BTW it worked REALLY GREAT with admin's recent post of Casey and Valery's set 1 in the nn galleries thread. I was amazed how well it worked.

This user has no avatar!
Tincutter4

Poster - Level 3

Advertisement

Postby buzzer2 » 25 Mar 2016, 06:22

Tincutter4 wrote:Will the site have a problem with me being logged on with two different browsers?

Nope. I do it often on many sites. And they all work the same way...

Any time a user logs in, a session is created temporarily in the database to identify the user, and a cookie is set that is browser-specific. So if you login through 2 or more browsers at the same time, a distinct session & cookie will be set for each one. :)

buzzer2

Postby Tincutter4 » 26 Mar 2016, 05:04

Ok, thanks! Since I've got my pass saved on my primary browser, all I gotta do is remember what it is and use it on the PM browser. LOL!

And thanks for the galleries of Gemma. Made it easy for me tonight to get those sets. Now I'm wondering if something should be said to nnmodellvr about putting galleries there and d/l links for the candy and marisol and others I want, but if I can get them with PM and IHG where they are, it's fine with me if they stay there.

This user has no avatar!
Tincutter4

Poster - Level 3

Postby dkordin » 26 Mar 2016, 13:35

I bailed on FF long ago because it's way too bloated and Mozilla has become more concerned with virtue-signaling than making quality software

Palemoon OTOH is made by a furry but it's worked great for me :D

This user has no avatar!
dkordin

Postby Scrunch » 06 Apr 2016, 20:49

Perfect v2.0 wrote:So as some of yo may have noticed already, when you upgrade to the newest version of Firefox (version 43.0) ImageHost Grabber wiill no longer work. Its because firefox is making changes to it's code and for that reason tons of its addons will not work any longer. There is a workaround though.

1. Type about:config in your address bar.
2. Click I'll be careful, I promise
3. Type xpinstall.signatures.required in the search bar at the top. Right click the line & select Toggle. The value should now be set to False.
4. Then go to the offical site and install the newest version of IHG: http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3457.0

Please be aware that this workaround is only necessary if you upgrade to the newest version of FireFox which was released today. If you are still using a older verion of FF then IHG will still be working as it always has. Also be aware that this work around will only work up until FireFox version 45.0 is released sometime in the summer of 2017 approximately. At that point FF will have revamped there code and made it more like Chrome. Hundreeds even thousands of addons that we all use now will no longer be compatible with FF. When this happens, the only way that we will be able to install and use ImageHost Grabber is by installing Pale Moon. Pale Moon is basically a modified Firefox browser.

From the IHG site:
Pale Moon looks and feels like FF but there is one significant difference. They are committed to keeping the current FF method of allowing addons and the browser to talk to each other. This means that IHG will continue to work on Pale Moon. Pale Moon do security updates, just like FF. They also have a 'Migration Tool' which transfers your FF profile (bookmarks, addons, passwords etc) from FF to Pale moon. It worked for me. FF and Pale Moon also work fine when installed together. There are NO conflicts. I've got FF open but I'm posting this using Pale Moon.

Pale Moon: https://www.palemoon.org/

I need some help, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed your instructions to the letter then dl'd IHG and everything seemed to install fine but when I try to grab something it all goes to hell. I was trying to grab ONE gallery of 120 pics. The first time it grabbed over 11,000 pics not including thumbs. The next time I tried (same gallery) I got over 1,200 grabs. It seems like it's trying to grab the whole thread or at least the entire page if the thread. I tried everything I could think of. I even tried counting out 100 pics of the 120 and highlighting them and still the same thing. What am I missing???? I'm sure everything was installed properly, so could someone maybe do a quick tutorial on how to actually grab one gallery from one page of a thread. Also, are people registering their IHG or just doing 100 pics at a time? Some help please. I don't want to ask someone to post a link when they already went to the trouble of posting a gallery.

Scrunch

Poster - Level 3

Postby v003la » 07 Apr 2016, 01:22

:doubt Here is beta version which work with Firefox 45.0.1 http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3824.0 regards! :win

v003la

Contributor

Postby Perfect v2.0 » 07 Apr 2016, 03:06

Scrunch wrote:I need some help, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed your instructions to the letter then dl'd IHG and everything seemed to install fine but when I try to grab something it all goes to hell. I was trying to grab ONE gallery of 120 pics. The first time it grabbed over 11,000 pics not including thumbs. The next time I tried (same gallery) I got over 1,200 grabs. It seems like it's trying to grab the whole thread or at least the entire page if the thread. I tried everything I could think of. I even tried counting out 100 pics of the 120 and highlighting them and still the same thing. What am I missing???? I'm sure everything was installed properly, so could someone maybe do a quick tutorial on how to actually grab one gallery from one page of a thread. Also, are people registering their IHG or just doing 100 pics at a time? Some help please. I don't want to ask someone to post a link when they already went to the trouble of posting a gallery.

Ok there are a couple of things you need to know and a couple you are confused about.

First, IHG does not work for FF versions 45.0 and newer. When I wrote that tutorial (that I need to edit) version 44.0 had just been release. If you read the part after the installation instructions I wrote what the IHG administrators have said on there site about the issue and what THEY suggest you do to still be able to use IHG. That being install PaleMoon browser to your computer and then install the newest version of IHG from there site. I posted both links in my original post.

Second, when IHG is used there are 2 options you have in terms of downloading. Both deal with the ENTIRE page. "Get All Pics On page" will do just that, download all the pics on that page 1-thousands. "Select Pics On Page" give allow you to download the pics that you select and not the other. So just be aware of what method you select.

Lastly, IHG is free and has no registration. I think you are talking about Bulk Image Downlaoder when you asked if anyone has registered it or if they are just doing 100 pics at a time.

The member that posted right before me said that FF's new beta release version 45.01 allows IHG to be installed. You may want to install that if you want and try it out. I only install stable versions of FFon my machine so I cant vouch for it.
Only available for members.

Perfect v2.0

Poster - Level 3

Postby Scrunch » 07 Apr 2016, 20:51

Perfect v2.0 wrote:
Scrunch wrote:I need some help, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed your instructions to the letter then dl'd IHG and everything seemed to install fine but when I try to grab something it all goes to hell. I was trying to grab ONE gallery of 120 pics. The first time it grabbed over 11,000 pics not including thumbs. The next time I tried (same gallery) I got over 1,200 grabs. It seems like it's trying to grab the whole thread or at least the entire page if the thread. I tried everything I could think of. I even tried counting out 100 pics of the 120 and highlighting them and still the same thing. What am I missing???? I'm sure everything was installed properly, so could someone maybe do a quick tutorial on how to actually grab one gallery from one page of a thread. Also, are people registering their IHG or just doing 100 pics at a time? Some help please. I don't want to ask someone to post a link when they already went to the trouble of posting a gallery.

Ok there are a couple of things you need to know and a couple you are confused about.

First, IHG does not work for FF versions 45.0 and newer. When I wrote that tutorial (that I need to edit) version 44.0 had just been release. If you read the part after the installation instructions I wrote what the IHG administrators have said on there site about the issue and what THEY suggest you do to still be able to use IHG. That being install PaleMoon browser to your computer and then install the newest version of IHG from there site. I posted both links in my original post.

Second, when IHG is used there are 2 options you have in terms of downloading. Both deal with the ENTIRE page. "Get All Pics On page" will do just that, download all the pics on that page 1-thousands. "Select Pics On Page" give allow you to download the pics that you select and not the other. So just be aware of what method you select.

Lastly, IHG is free and has no registration. I think you are talking about Bulk Image Downlaoder when you asked if anyone has registered it or if they are just doing 100 pics at a time.

The member that posted right before me said that FF's new beta release version 45.01 allows IHG to be installed. You may want to install that if you want and try it out. I only install stable versions of FFon my machine so I cant vouch for it.

Thank you for your input and advice. You're right, I was confused about which downloader I was whining about. Frustration had taken a deep hold at time of post. I went the Palemoon-IHG route and couldn't be happier. It was pretty straight forward and basic stuff. I highly recommend it to people like myself... semi computer illiterate. SHOUT OUT to buzzer2 for his ongoing help and advice while I learn to navigate this forum and for posting a Jess gallery today forcing me to figure out this grabber thing once and for all.

Scrunch

Poster - Level 3

Postby buzzer200 » 10 Apr 2016, 10:31

v003la wrote::doubt Here is beta version which work with Firefox 45.0.1 http://imagehost-grabber.org/index.php?topic=3824.0 regards! :win

Thanks! it works really well :win

This user has no avatar!
buzzer200

Postby Slimjimjohn » 30 Apr 2016, 22:41

Google Firefox Old Versions

Get a copy of Firefox 42 and install it.

Go to settings and turn off automatic updates, and click NEVER CHECK FOR UPDATES.

Reinstall IHG (or, it may just come back in all by itself)

I don't see a lot of differences in 45, and it's not much more secure than 42.

This user has no avatar!
Slimjimjohn

Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Help • Tutorials